2.1 CATEGORIES OF MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL
The Council shall have the following categories of members, namely:
- associate Members;
- ordinary Members
2.2 ASSOCIATE MEMBER
A person shall be eligible for admission to the Council as associate Member, on receiving the Import-Export Code Number from the Director General, Foreign Trade, Government of India, in respect of the product with which the Council is concerned.
2.3 ORDINARY MEMBER
In order to be eligible for ordinary membership of the Council a person must satisfy the following requirements namely:-
- He or the entity represented by him must have been an associate members of the Council for at least two years.
(b) He or the entity represented by him must have, to his or its credit during the three financial years immediately preceding average exports in respect of the product of not less than the amount mentioned below:-
(i) Small Scale Industries : Rs. 5 lakhs
(i) others : Rs. 15 lakhs
2.4 CONVERSION INTO ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP
The Committee may, after giving a member reasonable opportunity of hearing, convert the membership of an ordinary member into an associate membership, if his performance as an exporter of the product has, during the financial year immediately preceding been below the average mentioned in clause (b) of 2.3 above
Note: Associate Members may apply to the council for conversion of their membership to “Ordinary Membership” after fulfilling above criteria.
Extract from Articles of Association, SGEPC
11. PRIVILEGES OF MEMBERS
11.1 ORDINARY MEMBERS
Without prejudice to any other rights conferred on ordinary members by the Memorandum of Association of the Council, but subject to the other provisions of these articles, ordinary members shall have the following rights and privileges, namely:
- right to stand as a candidate, and to vote at the election of the members of the Committee and the right to vote on all matters brought before a meeting of the Council, provided there are no arrears of subscription or other dues or charges payable by them to the Council on 1st April in the year of voting;
- right to requisition a meeting, as provided in these articles;
- right to receive the annual reports of the Committee, on payment of the prescribed fee;
- right to receive publications of the Council, on the prescribed conditions; and
- right to use all such facilities as may be made available to such members by the Council from time to time, on the prescribed conditions.
11.2 ASSOCIATE MEMBERS
Without prejudice to any other rights conferred on associate members by the Memorandum of Association, of the Council, such members shall have the following rights and privileges namely;
- right to receive the Annual Reports of the Committee, on payment of the prescribed fee;
- right to receive the publications of the Council, on prescribed conditions;
- right to use all such facilities as may be made available from time to time by the Committee, on the prescribed conditions.